Sylvia is equally comfortable with live, studio and location presenting and production (from pre to post).
She has conducted more than 360 interviews to date, in broadcasting and print, with a focus on inspiring human stories connected to social impact, automation, social tech entrepreneurship, and the environment.
She is currently a contributor for the Evening Standard and The Hourglass covering climate related issues
- She co-hosted along with historian Michael Scott “This Is Greece” a TV series aired on PBS America in September 2019
- She worked as a media advisor and head of PR for the National Bank of Greece
- She conceived, produced and presented for 5 seasons an innovative weekly TV programme focusing on impact stories for Skai TV (Greece’s largest TV network)
- She researched and presented a daily live news segment on international business and economic affairs for Skai TV
- She covered live world events such us the 2012 US elections from Washington DC for Skai and the Lehman collapse for Mediakite in NYC
Sylvia has worked extensively in the corporate world: She has worked for Eigen Technologies (one of the UK’s hottest Machine Learning FinTech platforms, backed by Goldman Sachs) and has led solution design as a senior consultant at C Space (Omnicom group) providing strategic insight to Fortune 500 businesses helping them solve challenges such as branding and audience understanding
- She holds a MA in Chinese Studies from Harvard University
- She has a BA in Information Systems and Business from Athens University
- She speaks French, Greek, and Mandarin, and has also studied German and Ancient Greek
Sylvia is obsessed with the sea and holds multiple European distinctions as a professional swimmer and water polo player.